PROGRAM #3 - HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAM
SWATeam's high school program differs from the SWAT CLUB TEAM & USSA progams because offers only TWO practice sessions weekly during the month of December and then ONE practice session weekly once Race Competitions begin in January. The cost of this program is lower than the SWAT CLUB TEAM program. The practice sessions offered at Alpine Valley Resort are still the same days and times as the SWAT CLUB TEAM program; only the HS athlete will attend either a Sunday morning practice or a Tuesday night practice. They can switch as needed which day they will train and do not have to commit to Sunday only OR Tuesday night only. Athletes in the High School program receive approximately 70 hours of training and racing time during the season.
SWATeam began this program for the HS student because come January of each year the HS athletes will be competing in HS race events each week and train with their high school teams. Students and Parents found they did not have enough time for school work and SWATeam believes their education always comes before training!
High School Program
This program will provide high school students (grades 9-12) or college racers who are looking for some ski race coaching/training in addition to that provided by their high school/college team to enhance their racing skills. High School athletes MUST be a member of a High School Race Team in order to get the discounted price.
HIGH SCHOOL Program Fee Includes:
• ONLY TWO PRACTICE SESSIONS PER WEEK FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON.
• For the MONTH OF DECEMBER. The athlete can choose two (2) sessions between Saturday morning, Sunday morning OR Tuesday night.
• Once local competitions begin in January the athlete can choose one (1) training session - either Sunday mornings or Tuesday nights. The SCHEDULED RACE ON SATURDAYS is counted as one session for the week.
• 1-10 ratio will be established during this morning session.
• Training/coaching at Alpine Valley Resort on designated training days/nights.
• Coaching at local competition races.
• Coaching includes:
• Course inspection & instruction prior to each run.
• Start assistance and course reports.
• Ski inspection prior to each run.
• Race run evaluation.
• Video analysis, when available.