DRY LAND TRAINING INFORMATION
SWATeam's fall ski racing conditioning program. For liability reasons, ALL ATHLETES who participate in ANY training program offered by SWATeam Racing, Inc., must have a registration AND Liability Release forms completed and signed by their parent or guardian.
Ski and Race better through Preparation! Training in the off-season, known as 'dry land' can improve your skiing and racing. Dry Land training is preseason physical and mental conditioning. Your training should combine many elements: strength, endurance, balance & ski specific activities. At SWAT we provide several options for working on balance and ski-specific training. The sessions are mainly planned for athletes NOT participating in any FALL SPORT ACTIVITIES. These sessions are great for potential new athletes so they can meet their coaches and other athletes in their groups before the season begins on the ski hills.
The U-14 to U-18 athletes train on Sunday afternoons at the Mukwonago High School outdoor track.
Dates, times to be determined.
The U8-U12 athletes dryland training program for 2018 has not been determined at this time.
To improve physical strength, agility and skills
- Training specific muscles will ensure skill development on the snow.
- Develop balance through active training.
- To enhance confidence.
- The development of improved mental skills through focusing drills.
- Meet new friends and get psyched-up for skiing.
WHAT TO BRING TO PRACTICE:
- WATER or Sport drink [Gatorade]
- PROPER FOOTWEAR NO Sandals or Hiking Shoes!
- ATHLETIC WEAR - NO JEANS!
- Coach George says .....All athletes MUST wear 'work-out' specific clothing. NO PANTS/SHORTS that do NOT STAY UP AROUND YOUR WAIST!!!
- DRESS FOR THE WEATHER!!! Layers work best!
Rain or shine; warm or cold! Just like skiing, we work out regardless what the Weather Network says. Exception: Threatening Weather, like thunder & lightening, tornado warnings, etc. CHECK YOUR EMAIL MESSAGE BEFORE COMING DURING INCLEMENT WEATHER!!
TYPICAL DRY LAND SESSION:
- Warm up run or exercises
- Core Conditioning
- Obstacle/Interval training [45 min. to 1 hr.]
- Cool down and stretch [10 minutes]
WHAT TO EXPECT? FUN and a GOOD WORK OUT!