SWATeam for the 2023-2024 race season will offer three  Alpine Ski Race Programs for all ability levels 7 years old through 18 years of age. The main difference between the --three group programs are the number of days/hours practicing, the amount and level of competition the athlete desires and the fees. Detailed information provided on the 'PROGRAM' page
Members and parents, or responsible guardian, must pay the fees, complete and sign all the required forms BEFORE their child can participate in any SWATeam program.
Your athlete needs to:
* Be 7 years of age by the end of the current year. Athletes born in 2016 and before are eligible.
* Athletes must possess a skiing ability beyond the INTERMEDIATE stage AND beyond CHRISTIE turns. You need to ask yourself "How does my child turn?" Christie turns? Parallel turns?
- NEW MEMBERS !st year athletes with NO previous ski racing experinece in competitions need to attend all three of the scheduled DECEMBER practice sessions which usually begin the 1st weekend in December.
- Our ratio of coaching the U10 to U12 groups is 6-8 athletes each coach and U14 to U18 group 8-11 athletes each coach. This ratio may vary at times due to the availability coaching staff.
Your athletes age by the end of the 2023 year [12-31-2023].
Under 10 years of age? U10 = 8 & 9 year olds
Under 12 years of age? U12 = 10 & 11 year olds
Under 14 years of age? U14 = 12 & 13 year olds
Under 16 years of age? U16 = 14 & 15 year olds
Under 18 years of age? U18 = 16 & 17 year olds
ON THE HILL TRAINING SESSIONS
SWATeam's ON-THE-HILL Training sessions are a 10-11 continuous week program held at Alpine Valley Resort, East Troy, WI. December is the main month training with drills and setting courses to prepare the athletes to compete in SLALOM or GIANT SLAMON COMPETITIONS on BIG THUNDER run. We strive to begin training the 1st weekend in December and through the HOLIDAYS. January and February session are Saturday - RACE DAY and Sunday and Tuesday nights - on-the-hill training.
Practices for the 2023-2024 season are scheduled for, but subject to change:
- A parent or legal guardian must be present at the ski areas for the entire practice or race session. We are not comfortable with dropping off your athletes for training or racing and leaving the resort areas.
- Allow the coaches to train your athlete, this is what you pay us to do. TRUST the process and the coaches.
- Be supportive of your Athlete[s] goals and accomplishments
- Help out/VOLUNTEER at the Races
- Encourage your athlete[s] to set goals in skiing & racing
- Communicate with the coaches
- Set examples of "Good Sportsmanship"
- Ask Questions