CHECK LIST FOR RACE EVENTS!
WHAT TO DO BEFORE RACE!
- Make sure your ATHLETES name is written on their skis and put address labels around their poles!!! With over 300 racers at the event you need to assure your athlete is on the correct skis for their run and that you take the correct skis and poles home with you at the end of the day.
HERE'S YOUR CHECK LIST!!!
- PACK BACK PACKS AND BOOT BAGS THE NIGHT BEFORE!
- BIB is in bag
- EXTRA GLOVES/SOCKS
- EXTRA GOGGLES or changeable lens
- Hand and/or foot warmers
- WATER BOTTLES or Power Drinks
- SNACKS or lunch
- SLALOM POLE GUARDS AND MOUTH GUARDS when needed.
- SKIS, BOOTS AND POLES ARE IN THE CAR or NEAR the car to be packed.
- JACKETS, BIBS, etc. are packed. Weather appropriate attire!!!
- ARRIVE at the event between 8am and 8:30am.
- PURCHASE their lift ticket. Athletes must have the ticket visible to the lift operators at all times. They may put the LIFT TICKET ON THEIR GOGGLE BAND.
- ATHLETES MEET THEIR COACHES BY THE SWAT FLAGS at the TOP OF THEIR RESPECTIVE RACE COURSE between 8:30-8:45am to form groups for COURSE INSPECTION.
- COURSE INSPECTIONS BEGIN AT 9AM & END AT 9:30AM - unless changed by the home hosting team.
- RACES USUALLY END BETWEEN 2pm & 3pm. The athletes does not have to stay for the AWARDS CEREMONY which is usually held 30-45 minutes AFTER the last racer finishes.